Good morning and happy first day of fall! It is my favorite season and I plan to enjoy every second of it.
Along with everything else fall has to offer, It is officially Soup Season! So, In the spirit of colder days and colorful Colorado leaves I decided to make my favorite Tomato Bisque recipe.
This recipe doesn’t require too much. It is perfect for a cold day and because I always forget to grab garlic and onion while shopping with 3 kids is made with ingredients you find in your fridge and pantry.
4 Tablespoon Olive oil
6 celery stalks, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
1 Can crushed Tomatoes
4 cans Diced tomatoes
1 cup coconut cream
1 ½ Tablespoons Basil
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Coarse black pepper
½ Teaspoon White pepper
¼ teaspoon Coriander
2 Bay leaves
- Add olive oil to a large pot on Medium high. Add chopped Celery and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add all seasonings except for the bay leaves. Saute until vegetables are soft and very fragrant. About 10 more minutes.
- Add Cans of tomatoes ( do not drain the juices from the diced) and the 2 bay leaves. Turn down to low and simmer for 90 minutes
- Remove the soup from the burner and blend use a hand blender until you reach your desired consistency
- Stir in Cream and serve immediately
This recipe is perfect for an appetizer or for a light meal. We serve ours with drop biscuits. It serves It makes about twelve 1 cup servings.
What kind of Recipes do you pull out for fall?
Until Next Time,