Good morning and happy Saturday! I have been a bit busy the past month and I am excited to bring new updates to the blog and make some exciting announcements! Since I have been working from home since March, I save a lot of commute time. What better way to fill that time with chocolatey, low sugar muffins that the kids love and you don’t have to feel guilty about?
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Flax Egg ( 1 Tbs. Flax meal and 1 Tbs water mixed together)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tbs. Instant Coffee
- 2 tsp. Vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the flax egg and set aside
- Stir together the sugar, oil, coffee, and vanilla
- Add in all but the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until combined
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes for the muffins to cool before removing from the pan
What have you been baking lately? Let me know below.
Until next time,