Happy Wednesday! Summer is taking its last breath and the season of Crisp Mornings, cozy sweaters, and changing leaves has finally arrived. Even though fall hasn’t even begun, the holiday season already feels like it’s looming over me. So, to help slow down the holiday panic so that I can fully enjoy the season, here are 10 things I will be doing this year with my family for fall.
- Bake Pumpkin & Apple Goodies: Pumpkin muffins, rosemary apple scones, and the loved (or for some hated) pumpkin latte. It is finally time to enjoy spiced earthy goodies and what better way to have them than baked together as a family.
- Leaf Peeping: While the beautiful fall leaves seem to turn brown in the blink of an eye, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the colors while they last. Not sure when to go peeping? Check out this fall foliage map.
- Picnic in The Park: Load up the car, take a nice drive, and have a picnic in the park. One of the best things about Fall is outdoor fun is still an option. Just with a light jacket packed just in case a chill hits the air.
- Take a Hike: Fall Hikes are personally come of my favorite hikes. The trees are beautiful, the air is cool, and I’m not dripping in sweat or getting sun burnt. What’s not to love?
- Make cinnamon Play Dough: Homemade play dough is such a fun craft to do with the kids and cinnamon is one of my favorite scents. I especially like the recipe from Natural Beach Living since it’s made of ingredients from your pantry giving you piece of mind that your little ones aren’t rolling questionable ingredients in their hands.
- Make Chili: Chili is one of those meals that was made for colder months. Sneak a veggie in, use non fat sour cream, make pumpkin chili ( I promise it’s good I’m not just obsessed with pumpkins) and enjoy it with your family as the night get colder.
- Decorate: Even if it’s just a small corner of your house (we personally have a small bookshelf) decorating together is a fun was to welcome a new season. No decorations? Craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joanns run 40-50% off sales on fall decor constantly. You’d be surprised how $20 in smartly placed decorations really changes a room.
- Pumpkin Picking: Pumpkin picking is one of my favorite fall activities. Something about little hands carrying pumpkins back to the the wagon makes me happy inside.
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds: My favorite memory growing up was watching spooky movies and eating pumpkin seeds with my mom. It’s something that I want to continue with my girls.
- Make a No-Sew Blanket: Braided or Tied, making a no sew blanket to snuggle under is an awesome craft for younger kids. You can even do smaller ones and let everyone pick their own patterns.
I hope this Fall is filled with fun memories for all of you. Have a fun fall tradition? Share it below.